Tuesday, June 11, 2013

What is a librarian to do?

What is a librarian to do whose ambition (at least one of his ambitions) is to have book reviews published in academic review sources?

Well, that has been one of my goal listed in my annual review for several years.  Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't.  But I keep trying.  Now review source editors want to know what a possible reviewer has done in the past, so a want-to-be reviewer had better have material to share.   So my blog here is in part place for my practice reviews. 

So where can you get the books to review?  Well, there is always the local library, but those are already published, so reviews already exist.  Conundrum, conundrum, what to do?  These days, sites such as NetGallery allow many the opportunity to read and review forthcoming titles. So that is my source for the reviews found on this site.  I hope you will read, enjoy and join in any conversation that may ensue.

1 comment:

  1. mmm...Net Gallery... I'll have to check it out. I look forward to reading your reviews.

    ReplyDelete